Search the forum,

Discuss braided flexable hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

purpleronnie

Hi guys,
I'm no expert at plumbing but can manage small diy tasks.
Having fitted a new bathroom suite i have to move my radiator about 6 inches. My question is could i use compression braided flexable hose, the only reason is it's the fastest option.

thanks
darren

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you could but it's a bit naff.

Can't you use two compression elbows with 6 inches of pipe between?

Thanks for the reply guys, the flexi hoses would be under the floor so out of sight.
As i said it's only because it's the fastest/easy'est option.
I know they are mainly used for hot and cold water feeds but was unsure if they would be suitable for use in a central heating system.

I wouldn't use flexis under floorboards - seen too many flexis chewed by mice.

Can't you do it with brass compressions or plastic push-fits?

If you want speed over price then I suppose you could go down that road.
Make sure your joints are sealed with a dab of boss white though.
Otherwise go Hepworth pushfit which, if put together correctly, are a sure fire bet.
rob

From your replies i guess it's ok but not ideal to use flexible hose. Thanks for all your replies.

darren

Must admit seen to many of these leak. But you can of course use them if you want.

They are not designed to be fitting on heating systems,the constant high hot water temperature will effect the rubber tube inside the steel flexi casing ,the rubber will perish and become britle over a few years and at best leak or just burst

ok guys my minds made up, no flexi pipes on the central heating.
Better to be safe than sorry

Thanks for all your comments.

If they are tap flexis, they are likely only rated to 60 degrees c (ish), so they will soon degrade with the higher temperatures in a heating circuit.

Not worth the risk in any way, not worth the leaks.

Hard pipe it and you are in business.

Hope it goes well.

Your spot on, done abit of diggin renewable m, and flexis tend to be rated 60c to 65c. not sure what tempretures you get in a central heating system but must be close to 65c

Your spot on, done abit of diggin renewable m, and flexis tend to be rated 60c to 65c. not sure what tempretures you get in a central heating system but must be close to 65c

did an insurance job a few weeks back on a bristan mono basin mixer tap connected direct to 10mm flexi fed from unvented sylinder which was proberbly running at 60c hot water temp. it blew the flexi right of in the middle of the night and 200 litres of water for the indoor morning dip down in the lounge.
central heating under floor, if life was only that simple?.:eek:

yes ron, heating temps easily exceed 65 degs.

good choice, buddy! better than the living room full of water!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to braided flexable hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock