Discuss booked my t4ts practical in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andymc

Got my practical date sorted, 26th October at Leeds :)
To others that have done it, what should i expect? Which sections of coursework should i go over?
Got it in split weeks so do my 2nd week on 16th November.
Does anyone have any recommendations for B&B's nearby?
Any any other info anyone thinks i need is appreciated.
Was told that i have to pay for b&b then get money back after. How long did it take you to get re imbursed?

hello andymc,
your training centre is in featherstone,closer to wakefield than leeds,you should have been given a list of b+bs if you want i can email them to you...
Are you doing 6128 or 6129 as they differ...
there is a good motel just two miles away but its £39.00 per night,£200.00 for a week,I dont know any one who has been re-imbursed for the accomodation costs,,
A few scottish lads where there when i did my training and they were told by the sales rep at t4ts that there is a training centre in glasgow.which their is not,and i dont think they got their accomodation fees paid,but i could be wrong..
As far as the training goes it is very good,you will learn loads,soldering,pipe bending,compression joints all the basics,
week two is better ,thats when you really get your hands on experience,
You also do your water regs exam in week two,anything you need to know just ask,,
all the best to you...

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to it, but its not very convenient for me having to stay down there when i was told it would be Glasgow.
Was told i'd get costs reimbursed up to 35 per day after showing receipts, but need to know this for definite, as im not working just now so would need to borrow the money, and really need it reimbursed asap.
Im doing the domestic plumbing which supposedly takes me up to NVQ starting level, if i find someone to take me on.
Im already a joiner so mainly looking on it to provide me with a good basic knowledge of plumbing.
Have you completed all your course now? How are you getting on

Not started mine yet but I'm getting cold feet as I was told there is a centre in London to which I'm hearing there isn't!
Phoned the rep today and she told me that the tutor will give me accomodation vouchers for £30 not that I have to pay up front!! I have until Friday to cancel this which is looking more likely than me doing the course at the moment!

Not started mine yet but I'm getting cold feet as I was told there is a centre in London to which I'm hearing there isn't!
Phoned the rep today and she told me that the tutor will give me accomodation vouchers for £30 not that I have to pay up front!! I have until Friday to cancel this which is looking more likely than me doing the course at the moment!
You need to get a refund voucher from train 4 trades, which enables you to claim up to £30 per night as previousley said.

Ive still not heard from anyone who has actually received this voucher, thats what worries me, i get £35 per day because of the travel costs involved, its a very big inconvenience for me, due to travel, overnight stays and finding help with childcare

Ive still not heard from anyone who has actually received this voucher, thats what worries me, i get £35 per day because of the travel costs involved, its a very big inconvenience for me, due to travel, overnight stays and finding help with childcare

A few of the guys last week had them and it states on it that they will re-imburse up to a maximum of £30 per night, so if you have been told different i would get it in writing.
I couldnt get it as i only live 2o miles from featherstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to booked my t4ts practical in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back