Search the forum,

Discuss boiler on party wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi is it ok to fit a boiler on a party wall between too terrace houses?

What do you mean flue can be cleared?

the postion of the flue terminal, it needs to be cetain distances from boundarys, windows, openings etc...... and not cause a nuisance to the neighbouring property.

when you get quotes from gas safe registerd companies they can give you advise on the best position.

The flue is a metal tube that usually comes out of the top of a boiler and goes through a wall or roof. It carries waste gases (including carbon monoxide) away from your boiler to be released into the air outside.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is dangerous. Around 20 people in Great Britain die each year from CO poisoning caused by faulty gas appliances and flues.

rip2.jpg

The flue is a metal tube that usually comes out of the top of a boiler and goes through a wall or roof. It carries waste gases (including carbon monoxide) away from your boiler to be released into the air outside.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is dangerous. Around 20 people in Great Britain die each year from CO poisoning caused by faulty gas appliances and flues.

Flues are also plastic, and I hope not too many of them have carbon monoxide in them or they aren't working properly

Flues are also plastic, and I hope not too many of them have carbon monoxide in them or they aren't working properly

All flues have carbon monoxide in them. Combustion is very rarely 100% efficient. Ratio on a modern condensing boiler CO around 100 ppm and co2 9% ish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler on party wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Hi Some people (not plumbers) have advised me that it's not such a good idea to a) Have 4 x 90deg bends in a sewer pipe and b) Encase these pipes in the concrete walls of the new pool. You can see the problem in this video: and the re-routed pipes here that will be encased in the concrete...
Replies
Views
J
Hi. I moved in to a new build home and 3 years later (after the builders warranty expires) the boiler is slipping off the wall at one side. This is putting pressure on the flue. Not something I’m happy with. Does anyone know the guidelines on how they should be fitted? I want to prove they...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock