Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler noise like vibrating/buzzing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silvertabbies

[h=1]Boiler noise like vibrating/buzzing Gloworm Combi Ultracom 38cxl?[/h]Combi boiler works ok but after about half an hour or more it suddenly makes a noise which sounds like vibrating and I can hear the sound also in the radiators. The sound will stop of it's own accord after ten mins or so but sometimes start up again.

I have found if I just turn the hot water tap on for a second it will stop making the noise.

I have bled the radiators twice and no air in them. The system is only two years old and recently serviced.

Any ideas what is wrong? I can't understand why the boiler works fine and just kicks in with that sound after about half an hour - what is triggering that?

• 1 hour ago
  • - 4 days left to answer.

What you mean 4 days left to answer

Not my problem

Sorry the '4 days left to answer' line was not intended and got pasted in by mistake = my mistake

All I can add is that TRV valves are fitted to the rads except one.

Boiler noise like vibrating/buzzing Gloworm Combi Ultracom 38cxl?

Combi boiler works ok but after about half an hour or more it suddenly makes a noise which sounds like vibrating and I can hear the sound also in the radiators. The sound will stop of it's own accord after ten mins or so but sometimes start up again.

I have found if I just turn the hot water tap on for a second it will stop making the noise.

I have bled the radiators twice and no air in them. The system is only two years old and recently serviced.

Any ideas what is wrong? I can't understand why the boiler works fine and just kicks in with that sound after about half an hour - what is triggering that?

• 1 hour ago
  • - 4 days left to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler noise like vibrating/buzzing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry about but it sometimes gets worse and it went on for few seconds todays (5) like it was stuck and then freed itself and might have been coincidence but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock