Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler lead companies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone ever used companies that sell you boiler leads, tempted to give them a try, but unsure if it will actually be worth it. Its just installs we are looking to do

Yeh u til recently I used to,,, I used a company called service magic and boiler guide, both have recently changed ownership and name, I've had many a job off them so if your quite then it's handy , just remember you pay for the lead but it's not garaunteed work just garaunteed foot in the door to give an estimate,,, most of the time I was competing against British Gas and SSE so my quotes always looked great next to theres lol,,,

Forgot to say tell them it's just installs and they'll only send u instal leads,

Cheers. I always thought they were a bit of a scam. So, do you just tell them how many leads you want and they send the details over? Do they always have leads in your area?

is service magic now called holmes media?

seem to get loads of emails from them referencing boilers

Are they any good? Always thought it was a one way money earner for them?

Used service Magic a while back for a few jobs. Can't complain really, don't like paying for jobs but it worked. They did send over a few dud leads - just kicked up a fuss and they refunded me everyone I complained about. I was getting about 50% of jobs I quoted

i have used boiler guide in the past and would steer away from them imho ..

seemed to have a lot of dud leads

is service magic now called holmes media?

seem to get loads of emails from them referencing boilers

No it's gone to quotatis or something like that.

I used to just get boiler service and breakdowns off service magic had a few but some were just a waste of time wanting to pay £20 and stuff like that. It's a shame you can't pick and choose which ones you want to but a bit like rated people as you can usually sort the bad ones out before you buy.

Holmes Media seems set up pretty well, think we're going to give it a try. Also spoke to Leads to You today, same kind of set up but a bit more expensive.

I use boiler guide, actually on an install this week from them. Any dud leads ie: wrong number, no replies etc then they do refund (I have had about 4 duff leads) also usual problem with potential customers who think replacing a back boiler costs £1000 all in lol. This is the first install I have got the nod on through them and it was a last chance before I closed the account!

I use boiler guide, actually on an install this week from them. Any dud leads ie: wrong number, no replies etc then they do refund (I have had about 4 duff leads) also usual problem with potential customers who think replacing a back boiler costs £1000 all in lol. This is the first install I have got the nod on through them and it was a last chance before I closed the account!

How long have you been using them and how many leads roughly did you buy?

Been with them since about sept, probably bought 9 or 10 leads of which 4 were no good, but at least they refunded without any quibbling! Alot of it depends on location with how many leads you can get around my area I dont get many as its the back of beyond but if you were near to a town/city I would imagine you would pick up a lot more leads!

Iv used boiler guide before, not so much anymore. The descriptions that the customers give are so brief it's sometimes hard to know what sort of lead your buying!

I also found most the customers wanted it in the cheap, they also don't appreciate that we pay for the leads & once has a customer who didnt bother answering the door & told me she changed her mind! No refund from boiler guide as it was past there 2 or 3 day complaint time!!! Grr! They also said it's the opportunity to quote, not there fault the customer changed there mind so will sometimes quibble a refund!

How do these company's manage to get all these leads in the first place ? don't see them advertising apart from rated people, our local yellow pages must have hundreds of local plumbers, What guarantee do they offer if you get a S--t job done or is it not there problem

How do these company's manage to get all these leads in the first place ? don't see them advertising apart from rated people, our local yellow pages must have hundreds of local plumbers, What guarantee do they offer if you get a S--t job done or is it not there problem

I guess there well placed on google for new boilers searches etc... They don't offer any guarantee to installer or customer, it's just a lead generator, it's up to the customer to decided & check installer references etc... Plus the installer will get reviews from the accepted quotes on the website profiles etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler lead companies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi there, Have bought an old house and am having the old lead water mains pipe replaced and a new stopcock location/piping installed after massively high readings from water testing by the water company. Also buying new plastic water tank to start afresh so to speak. Pipework/joinery looks to...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there I’m 10 weeks pregnant and found out we have some steel galvanised pipes with corrosion which was causing our tap water to run discoloured for a few seconds when not used for a couple of days. I understand this is from rust but was told lead could also be leaking into our water because...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a broken bath. He's included a bath panel with the quote as it's the type of bath that requires a panel (and the original style is not available so can't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock