Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler hissing / spluttering and leaking after shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trillo

Hi, I hope somebody can help me identify a problem I have with my boiler.

It's a 'Halstead Ace High' combi boiler. The central heating and hot working are fine, however after a shower or long-time use of hot water it makes a hissing / spluttering noise for about ten minutes and leaks water (brownish in colour).

If I turn the heating straight on after the shower, then this eliminates the problem, but I don't want to keep on doing that!

Any ideas about what the problem is and how much it might cost to fix?

Thanks,

Rob

best to get your local engineer in to have a look. sounds like it could be one of a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler hissing / spluttering and leaking after shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock