Discuss Boiler Fault Finding Courses, Glasgow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

I am looking for Boiler Fault Finding courses in or around Glasgow.

Please inform or recommend someone if you know of any, thanks

You probably don't need a course on this.

Look at some manufacturers instructions and learn components and function of parts.

Get familiar with sequences...power, switch on, fan, pump, venturi, air-pressure switch, ignition, soft-light, sensor, board, full-ignition...etc.

Seek out fixes to common problems - like cleaning venturis, changing HW diaphragms, and looking how pins move in and out to make micro switches.

Get as much free manufacturer training as possible.

And, get someone to run through safe use of a multi-testor with you. Look toward your peers, workers and forums to get the information - but don't waste your money on more courses.

i saw a great centre set up about 7/8 years ago, looked great and did well. went back last year and its gone? i asked why, they said it became too costly as boilers were changing so quickly they couldt keep up with the change

as clanger says thats probably why manufacturers courses are better, they more up to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Fault Finding Courses, Glasgow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock