Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler banging noises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello forum, my boiler woke me up in the morning about three weeks ago. It was making very loud banging noises and the pressure gauge started going crazy from 2bar to 2.5 bar. So i reset the boiler was working normal again.

Now today it done it again, I think both times either the hot water or the central heating is on it has done this, It was making a loud banging noise and the pressure gauge started rocketing up and down.

the boiler is about 5 years old and its a
[h=3]Alpha CD24C/32C [/h]range

and a system boiler.

Im not too sure what it could be, but im thinking maybe the expansion vessel.

Sounds like it's the prv doing its thing. Best get someone in :)

Thanks for the quick reply, if it was the PRV, wouldnt the pressure drop? it seems to be the same

also the PRV is set at 3 Bar

Last edited:
It depends, there are a lot of potential factors, and always hard to diagnose without seeing it.

it doesnt sound like its kettling, more like a bad airlock banging lol.

Ill get a engineer to replace the pump and see how it goes

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler banging noises in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Got back from a week visiting family over Xmas and our boiler has now started making banging and grinding noises. It’s a British Gas 330 which...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock