Discuss Blocked Kitchen sink nightmare! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I hope someone here might be able to shed some light on a very strange issue I have at my flat....

3 weeks ago my kitchen sinked got blocked, I tried plunging it and strong sink unblocker but neither worked. We, stupidly in hindsight, called up Plumbforce direct to get the issue resolved. Avoid them at all costs by the way. Plumber one turned up, spent about an hour plunging and used a 10m rod down the waste pipe which didn't work. Another hour of plunging and it suddenly appeared as though the problem was resolved, water drained fine. This was on a friday, I came back after a weekend away and the problem had returned. Plumbforce direct sent out another engineer, this time a drain expert. He did the same as the first guy with no luck but then noticed that we have an air admittance valve under the sink which he reckoned was faulty. Plumber 3 turned up 2 days later, replaced the valve but the issue was still there.

By this time we had not been able to use the sink or dishwasher (which is connected to the same waste pipe under the sink) for over a week. Plumbforce then stopped answering the phone so we are trying to get our money back.

Strangely enough, 2 days after the air admittance valve was replaced it suddenly appeared as though the sink was working again! It has been operating fine for the past week or so, sink drains off fine and when the dishwasher is on we don't get water coming up through the sink like we did before the issue appeared.

Tonight, the issue has come back again! Dishwasher on, waste water starting filling up the sink and drained off so slowly. We don't know what to do now, every plumber we call doesn't appear to have an idea and it seems the only option is fork out for CCTV surveys (so we've been told) which we can't really afford at the moment.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Our flat is in a house with 2 other flats, neither of which have issues.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked Kitchen sink nightmare! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a little problem or a question if all you experienced people can put me straight please? I am just a bit surprised - I had a call out...
Replies
Views
Hello - I really need some solid advice. I recently purchased a home that has started having an awful smell coming from kitchen sink. I've cleaned...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock