Discuss Black pipe for inside of trap - where to put it back?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macbeth

This is really silly and driving me mad!

Bathrooom basin was blocked. I undid the trap and cleared it, but I can't figure out where to put the plastic tube that goes inside the trap to stop it leaking. The only obvious place it fits inside the vertical metal, but if it goes there the water can't drain from the drain to the vertical. If there's just a little water going through it's not needed, but if you fill the basin and then let the water out it leaks. The trap looks like this: Architeckt 1 1/4" Bottle Trap

Any ideas?

Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Black pipe for inside of trap - where to put it back?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016...
Replies
Views
I've got a leak at the connector next to the p trap under my bath at point 1. on my attached photo. I unscrewed it and pipe A hardly goes into...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock