Search the forum,

Discuss Big house, big job: mains off booster pump or gravity fed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so you may have seen my previous post regards to this but I'll just enlighten again.

Now I've never installed anything this big and just got my commercial ticket so bare with me. If I sound a bit amateur rest assured I will not start job till I'm 100% confident.

Got a 8 bedroom house big but not massive.

35 rads
2 bathrooms (standard fixtures)
1 en suite (standard fixtures)
5 additional basins (standard)
2 double sinks + standard utilities

Usage: 3-4 adults and 3 kids. 2 baths to run at same time interrupted was mentioned.

Currently there's a Keston c90 sealed heating with 2 cylinders open vented.

Boiler,tanks, pump to go in basement
20m static head
2.5 bar incoming
22+lpm flow rate

I want to put in;

2 GB-162 50kw cascaded
2 x 210l ACV invented cylinders
Softline 450l water softener

Now they've said that previously the mains pressure was not good enough so they had tanks installed and pumps put in for bathrooms.

As they suggested to me that they want he best system possible is it wrong for me to suggest sealing hot water, not installing PEV and running mains off a big pump?

I mean with the current static head and loads I reckon I need about 4.5 bar.

Anyone got any experience with this? I reckon it's the way forward but would like some pros and cons really. I could play safe and maintain the open vented side but is that really best?

Any responses appreciated.

Mo

have a look at accumulators

You don't need more pressure, just flow.
If they want the best. Fit a suitably sized break tank and twin inverter pump set.
Most manufacturers will size it up for you.

Fit the softner onto incoming main, but run a hard to a sink, outside taps and if you can, the boiler filling loop ( with 35 rads I would be fitting a auto top up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Big house, big job: mains off booster pump or gravity fed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working only when there is no water in the water tank. But, recently for the past week, in the middle of the night, the pump would stop working even though the...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at same time. I'm wondering if I could install a water tank to gravity feed one of the showers, with new electrric shower and if so how to stop the water...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock