Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Biasi 24S boiler taking ages to heat up water. Any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gemmcd

Hi,
Could anyone give me any ideas as to what could be wrong with my boiler? I would really appreciate it.
I have a Biasi 24S when has been acting up for sometime. He central heating side of it is fine no problems at all. It is just when it comes to getting hot water. For sometime now (over the past few months) I have noticed that the water when you have the taps on full was getting colder and colder. Then this weekend you are having to run the taps for ages to get any hot water at all and even then it is hit and miss. The taps have to be running pretty fast to get the boiler to kick in.
Also a couple of months ago if the taps and the central heating were on at the same time the boiler was really loud. This only lasted a day or so and just when I was thinking about getting someone out to it it stopped. So I forgot all about it, until now. I don't know whether it is related?
Thank you in advance.
Gemma.

Sorry I forgot to say it is a gas combi boiler.
Thanks
Gem.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like the diverter valve has a perforated diaphragm. the diaphragm can be changed or just change the head of the diverter. without looking at it though cant be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biasi 24S boiler taking ages to heat up water. Any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock