Search the forum,

Discuss Be kind to the new guy! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jackcomb

Hey guys, First post on the forum so id like to introduce myself, My name is Jack and im a 29 yr old newly qualified engineer from the west midlands.

Just a quickie, passed my ACS around 4 weeks ago and am still waiting on me certificates to come through so I can register, just wondering how long the normal wait time is?

and also ive been in talks with a landlord i know that has 60 student houses over the west midlands and has asked me what id charge for landlords certs. As im new to the trade i don't really know what best to say to him as i dont want to out proce myself or be too cheap.

Any advice you could give me on either of these subjects or any general advice for a newbie would be much appreciated.

thanks

Jack

First bit of advise is we don't discuss prices on open forum,

second bit...... or gas.

welcome8.gif

Get 10 posts under your belt, pm gas man, and you can happily ask away in the gsr private forum when you get you yellow badge...

Welcome to the forum jack. Get the post count up and stick around mate.

Okay mate thanks for the advice!! will get myself to grips with the forum over the next few days!

cheers

welcome, dont expect too much being nice, Mr Croppie just needs any excuse and you get banned, unless you pay the monthly subscription :)

Hi Jack and congratulations on passing your ACS,, welcome to the forum and use it regularly as its one of the best places ive came accross for learning and hopefully it will assist you aswell,

Well done. Now you can start to learn. Landlord will take you for a ride don't base your business on these scumbags. DONOT give credit they have more money than u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Be kind to the new guy! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have recently set myself up as a Ltd business. I was wondering if any of the experienced guys would be willing to share any tips to help me build my business? (such as websites/apps etc for finding new leads for example) I have been using boilerguide and local heroes but wondered if...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Im after any advice or if someone can recommend a good heating engineer in Thanet ?. I had a Wundafloor manifold installed for our groundfloor and new extension (currently 4 zones running) and im having problems with the whole system now and the plumber is ghosting my calls. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and wouldn't fire up when reset so I called out the local (but recently retired) engineer to see what he thought. He thought it was the pump so he serviced the...
Replies
Views
I am new gas safe and met hard situation when I did gas safety check on large property with 3 acre site. The property is old and large size, installed two 30KW heat only gas boiler to supply CH and DHW, range cooker and gas hob. I was be told the meter is installed at the entrance of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock