Search the forum,

Discuss BATHSTORE toilet - does it need close coupling kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

busy bee

I bought a bathroom suite from BathStore 8 years ago with no problems till now.

Investigating a bad leak from the cistern of the WC, I found it was from the doughnut area. What puzzled me was that there was no bracket holding the doughnut, it was just squeezed in between the cistern and the pan. Is this normal? And if so, do I need to replace it the same way (with just the doughnut washer) or can I use a close coupling kit and bracket instead?
If not, and if anyone is familiar with Bathstore WC's, can they tell me what sort of washer/doughnut I need (size etc)? The one I removed is distorted (doesn't look as if it was fitted properly) and seems to be made of squashy rubber.

The plumber who fitted the bathroom back then, is no longer in the area, so I can't ask him.

Thanks to anyone who can advise.

Cheers guys

just replace it the same way its been fitted before, dont over tighten.

The doughnut just sits between the 2, was there bolts holding the cistern onto the pan , as this is what holds the washer in place, youve came thus far all you need to do is put a new washer in but bare in mind there are loads of different shapes and sizes nowadays so aslong as you use the right one youl be ticky tae boo, is the old one rubber or foam, i find the foam ones seal best for some reason, ive got a huge range in my van ,,,,, measure the outer diameter of the washer and measure the inner diameter of the washer then google it online or use
Siamp Float Valve,Toilet Spares,spare parts cistern,Toilet spare parts,Toilet parts,Siamp diaphragm,pacific flush valve

just replace it the same way its been fitted before, dont over tighten.

I replied a few hours ago but it has not appeared - maybe I did it wrongly?
Anyway, I wanted to say thanks, and that I was still after the size of doughnut washer needed. I now know that my cistern does not connect with a CC kit, but the washer sits between it and the pan.

Here's my update. This morning I phoned Bathstore and asked their advice. Even though it is eight years since I bought the bathroom suite from them, they quickly checked from the details of what WC I'd bought, and found what I needed and said they would put it in the post for me - no charge!!! How's that for service! Totally unexpected these days.
I will definitely purchase from them again when I upgrade my second bathroom. So WELL DONE Bathstore - and thank you (if you see this). :smiley2:

Thanks Kris. Saw your reply to my post just after I'd posted a second response to the first reply I got (first response I wrote hadn't appeared!).
Anyway, you will see from my second post that I have now sorted it out by contacting Bathstore where I originally bought the bathroom suite.
However, had I not done that, your advice would have been very helpful, there were two bolts connecting the cistern to the pan, and yes, it seems the washer I had probably was made of foam rubber as it is very squashy.
Thank you very much for going to the trouble :smiley2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BATHSTORE toilet - does it need close coupling kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. Water is slowly leaking into the toilet bowl from the cistern. I suspect that it's the rubber washer at the bottom of the tube that's the problem but I can't figure out how to get to it. I can feel it when I put my hand down to the bottom of the tube and it seems flexible but it's 16 years...
Replies
Views
I have fitted this brass float valve to my toilet cistern. Obviously the inlet is the same level as the overflow pipe so it needs to be water tight. The inlet pipe is not flexible and enters the cistern at a slight angle to the side of the cistern, the washer I used is not squishy. The result...
Replies
Views
H
Hi, I need a Beta Cistern Washer for an old 1930's Armitage Shanks Toilet. Nobody has one. Can someone help. Or know anywhere that I might get it ? Any help much appreciated.. Hazel...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Moved into a 5 year old ‘new build’ property recently and the toilet was leaking from where the tank meets the bowl. Nothing heavy but enough to need repairing. Anyway Found out that the toilet tank was leaning very far back and fixed to the wall. The only way to stop the leak...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary bathroom. In all it's a great solution for a problem location for a bathroom. However, the cistern has a typical european style side inlet pipe, and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock