Discuss Bath Shower Mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Accord

Have an unusual problem,
Bath Shower Mixer , Thermostatic , Wall Mounted.

The overflow doubles as the Bath plug operator.
There is a constant dribble of clean water from the overflow/plug operator.
The Flat is a modular construction built in Germany and craned in pre finished the connected (about 8 years ago )
Has any one any experiance of this before? Cant think how a faulty Washer on the tap or thermostat could result in the dribble coming our of the overflow.

It could be a grohe i box fitted with an overflow and bath filler combined in which case a new seals kit would be required for the mixer ?

Yes that was my thought at first , have checked with other tenents and they fill the Bath from the single tap using cold side and the thermostat.

The toilet overflow may be connected to the bath overflow.

Thanks for your reply , if that was it would not the water from the toilet come up from the waste on the bath ?

Youd be amazed what can happen ive seen some rite things wastewise in my time. Ive seen number 2's coming out of a shower waste as one example.

Thanks for your reply , if that was it would not the water from the toilet come up from the waste on the bath ?

No, there is a product that allows you to connect an overflow from a toilet cistern to the bath overflow.

Have re visited the flat and turned off the water to the cistern, the dribble from the bath overflow stopped.
You were 100% correct adjusted the ball cock job done.
The cistern overflow is no more than 12 inches from the soil pipe, but they piped it over over 5 feet to the bath overflow ??
Anyway many thanks for your advice.

You need to run an overflow to somewhere visible which is why they used the bath overflow rather than the soil stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath Shower Mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This bath filler/overflow is supposed to turn to divert water flow to a shower above. It’s not clicking across anymore. Does anyone recognise it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
M
The hot tap of a bath shower mixer has fine yellow sand like grit coming out, check all other taps in the house, this is the only one - combi...
Replies
Views
David o
D
S
  • Question
Does anyone out there have a JTP shower or JTP taps installed? (previously known as Just Taps Plus). Have you found a JTP shower and taps durable...
Replies
Views
Evening I'll go straight to it.... Ideal mini combi and non thermostat bath shower mixer. Run the hot tap on the mixer boiler fires water stays...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock