Search the forum,

Discuss JTP: experiences with JTP mixer showers and taps in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

S

swlon8372

Does anyone out there have a JTP shower or JTP taps installed? (previously known as Just Taps Plus).

Have you found a JTP shower and taps durable and reliable for years after installation? And straightforward to install?

JTP is being offered by a number of our local bathroom retailers and they seem to say that they don't hear of any reliability concerns. JTP has some good reviews on Google but very little reviews overall on Trustpilot.

For the kind of shower we want, we've found the options (in increasing order of price) are JTP, Crosswater (Bathroom Brands), Vado (Norcros) and Axor (Hansgrohe's premium brand).

We're looking for:
Thermostatic mixer shower, concealed valves
3 knob controls (horizontal)
Rear-fed wall mounted circular rain shower head
Handheld round slim "stick" metal shower head (with fixed shower handle)
Bath filler and waste
In chrome (most likely) or brushed brass

This is the one we're considering purchasing:
Round Thermostat with Overhead Shower and Fixed Shower Handle (plus Bath Filler)

Aqualisa and Mira don't seem to do this with the round stick handheld shower head - Aqualisa Dream has a picture of a stick on the website but no corresponding product when you click through.

I’d only choose something named and with a good rep for a shower. To much crap gets installed and a few years later, you can’t get parts.

Have a look at Bristan, might have something.

And don’t think you need to by the whole package.

Find a decent branded 3 way valve you like and buy it. Everything else can be purchased separately.

Once you got the valve, the valve outlet pipes can be attached to anything!

Reply to JTP: experiences with JTP mixer showers and taps in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly. However, I'm really struggling to access the cartridge. The way to remove the tap appears to be to unscrew the chrome covering i.e. this will bring...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I'm having a new bathroom installed and having issues getting the right bath/shower set up. Shower has to be over bath as no space for a seperate one. We have kids who have baths and need it to be easy for them to rinse their hair during them. AT present we have a lovely Victorian style...
Replies
Views
Hi folks Trying to choose a bath mixer shower... I've found some I like, but I don't tend to like the slider rails from the same brand. My favourites are these: Shower mixer: https://www.homesupply.co.uk/Francis-Pegler-Sequel-Pillar-Mounted-Bath-Shower-Mixer-Tap-with-Shower-Kit Slider...
Replies
Views
I had this exposed valve thermostatic shower system installed about 2 years ago. It has 2 shower heads - a round overhead mount and handheld attachment. There are 4 valves in total: one to select a shower head, one to control the water flow to the shower heads, one to control the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock