Discuss average prices charged for different jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyskint

hi everyone
As im starting out new to self employment im having great trouble knowing how much to quote customers for the different jobs they require. i know this will come with time, but i was wondering if you all have a list of the usual jobs like tap chages, toilet syphons right up to new bathrooms etc. in your heads with a usual price for that job. any help regarding how much to charge for these jobs would be very appreciated.
thanks
andy

It's very difficult for people to give you an idea of price as prices vary from area to area.

If you are starting out, my advice would be set yourself an hourly rate that you are happy with and is competitive.

So if someone wants you to do a particular job, get a price from your local merchants for the bits you need and maybe add on 10%. Then calculate how many hours you think it will take you to do the job including travelling etc.

Hope that helps

easy,
a, work out the estimated time it will take you to do the job,
b, find out how much other plumbers charge in your area by the hour :(less £1)
c, price up components from skrufix then add 20%

so axb=(d), c+d = £price.

works out accurately wherever you live.
good luck and keep it simple.
irock.gif

Have a ring round other plumber posing as a customer and ask what they charge P/H or get her in doors to do it.

If I ever get a call about my hourly rate they get told the truth + 20%..Well you need a margin!

Don't think I have had a call asking my hourly rate,price for this and that but no one has said 'Hello,how much do you charge per hour',just as well because I do not have one :(

Same here. Nobody has ever asked my hourly rate. Just, "how much for..such-and-such-a-job"

I mean you must have an hourly rate in mind, whether you mention it or not, because otherwise how do you know what to charge? Unless it varies depending on how much you like the sound of the work or not. Which, actually I do as well.

If you start explaining to people how much you are for the first hour or part thereof and subsequent hours or parts thereor I find their eyes glaze over until you get to the conclusion of ..."so you're looking at.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to average prices charged for different jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My kitchen mixer tap (Franke Zurich) has developed a drip. Presumably the cartridge (hot) has started to wear out. It is one that I replaced about...
Replies
Views
Hi all i have an odd one, i have had one like this before but would like to know the reasoning behind it if there are any explanations. My...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps...
Replies
Views
Evening lads/lassies I'm not sure if this is allowed in here......If not please delete. I am running a small company - 5 lads (3 tradesmen, 1...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock