Search the forum,

Discuss Astracast Voyager - Cartridge Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Kirkby

Hi,

I've got a problem trying to replace the cartridge on a Astracast Voyager Single Lever kitchen sink tap. I contacted Astracast and purchased the correct cartridge for the tap, however, in order to replace it you need to remove the top of the tap, this should be accomplished by undoing a grub screw on the back of the tap (Astracast advise it's either 2.5mm or 3mm), however, 2.5mm is too small - the key slips when you apply pressure, 3mm is too big... I've checked the grub screw and it doesn't appear damaged or rounded.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of working with these taps and knew exactly what size the allen key should actually be...?

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Andy

2.78mm is a 7/64ths imperial Allen key.

i think astracast is a US company, so might be imperial.
Faithfull FAIHK764 | Faithfull Trade Prices | FAIHK764 image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Astracast Voyager - Cartridge Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the lever.I have applied some wd40 into the grub screw hole,..but the lever won’t budge. is there any other method for removing the tap lever?…help...
Replies
Views
B
Need to remove the spout on a Franke Olympus tap. I have removed the hot/cold previously with an allen key and the spout kit has a 2.5mm allen key in the pack. However, I can't get the allen key to take. It feels like the grub screw may be missing but the replacement grub screw won't go in. I'm...
Replies
Views
Bob Hope
B
Hi, I am a new member and looking for advice to access and remove a tap cartridge from my bath. I have a dripping bath tap which is driving me crazy. I can't see how to remove the cartridge to replace it and looking for any advice from anyone who has similar taps. I can obviously see the grub...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
L
Hi. Novice here! Bathroom mixer tap was getting 'sticky' and I so sprayed some wd-40 silicone lubricant through some of the gaps - unfortunately it has made it seize up and the tap needs quite a bit of force to either turn it on or change temperature. I'd used the silicon spray on a couple of...
Replies
Views
Leicesterfan
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock