Search the forum,

Discuss New Member - Looking for advise to access and remove tap cartridge. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I am a new member and looking for advice to access and remove a tap cartridge from my bath.
I have a dripping bath tap which is driving me crazy. I can't see how to remove the cartridge to replace it and looking for any advice from anyone who has similar taps. I can obviously see the grub screw and remove this without issue but I then can't seem to unscrew or remove anything including the lever and access or remove the tap cartridge. I am worried about using to much force to pull up the lever and damaging or causing a worse leak..
thanks
Paul.

Attachments

• tap2.jpg
    tap2.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 8
  • tap1.jpg
    tap1.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 9
Try spraying some lubricant spray and or pour some boiling water onto it. The handle should come off, after removing the grub screw, probably just stuck with soap scum/limescale.

Reply to New Member - Looking for advise to access and remove tap cartridge. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early Florentine model circa 2006 though not 100% sure. I've removed the faceplate, unscrewed the chrome collar - and now want to extract the diverter...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the tap head! i thought the hot/cold circle would pop out but no such luck and don't want to damage. can anyone help? Thanks Martin fix the caple
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock