Search the forum,

Discuss Astracast Voyager - Cartridge Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Kirkby

Hi,

I've got a problem trying to replace the cartridge on a Astracast Voyager Single Lever kitchen sink tap. I contacted Astracast and purchased the correct cartridge for the tap, however, in order to replace it you need to remove the top of the tap, this should be accomplished by undoing a grub screw on the back of the tap (Astracast advise it's either 2.5mm or 3mm), however, 2.5mm is too small - the key slips when you apply pressure, 3mm is too big... I've checked the grub screw and it doesn't appear damaged or rounded.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of working with these taps and knew exactly what size the allen key should actually be...?

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Andy

2.78mm is a 7/64ths imperial Allen key.

i think astracast is a US company, so might be imperial.
Faithfull FAIHK764 | Faithfull Trade Prices | FAIHK764 image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Astracast Voyager - Cartridge Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock