Search the forum,

Discuss Unable to remove lever on Grohe basin mixer tap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage!

I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the lever.I have applied some wd40 into the grub screw hole,..but the lever won’t budge.
is there any other method for removing the tap lever?…help needed.
2AC1DE53-8B4A-4102-B44C-1879E9A15194.jpeg

I have an exploded diagram of the tap,so know how to proceed once lever is removed.

Should just lift off but will be tight try heating and cooling the lever a few times pour boiling water over then cool with cold water, worth a try before you wreck it

Tip handle up and back and get a screw driver under front lip and rest it on the body lip under handle and gently lever it. Be careful not to damage edge of handle.

It will come off.

Tip handle up and back and get a screw driver under front lip and rest it on the body lip under handle and gently lever it. Be careful not to damage edge of handle.

It will come off.
Thanks,…not sure I understand!..Do you mean actions 1,2 and 3 in photo

Attachments

• 876702C1-84B4-4956-AC68-1E2B6C696494.jpeg
    876702C1-84B4-4956-AC68-1E2B6C696494.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 10
Thanks,…not sure I understand!..Do you mean actions 1,2 and 3 in photo
Close.

Lift handle and insert screw driver so it rests on lip under handle. Do it away from spout so you can get more of an angle with screwdriver.

57DAB1FF-326A-4C09-A87B-0294C1FA2F5F.jpeg

Next photo shows sitting on lip

619EE831-358F-48DE-9302-8A129F19F60F.jpeg

Then lever the handle of screwdriver upwards while pulling up/wiggling handle.

088E5319-8DE0-4C0C-96AF-6255338DEB9E.jpeg

Thanks Timmy,….that’s clearer…I will give it a try!
I can see that the ring that the screw driver rests on could get dented…but Ill see what happens…

Thanks Timmy,….that’s clearer…I will give it a try!
I can see that the ring that the screw driver rests on could get dented…but Ill see what happens…
Stuff can get dented/marked, so be careful.

You might be able to get a pry under the back with handle in closed position, so any dent isn’t visible.

Hi Timmy,

tried,…managed to get screw driver between lever and ring cap,but won’t budge!
im concerned that if I force it any harder something is going to break…that I can’t fixed there and then.

Hi Timmy,

tried,…managed to get screw driver between lever and ring cap,but won’t budge!
im concerned that if I force it any harder something is going to break…that I can’t fixed there and then.
The only other advice I’ve got, is maybe try a screw driver either side to wiggle it while applying pressure.

They can be stiff, but if grub screw is out, it’s only friction/scale holding it.

I guess you need to look at it like this......

If you don’t get the handle off, you can’t replace the cartridge and will end up buying a new tap....

If you lever it with a screwdriver and damage it more than you’re happy with, you’re buying a new tap.....

Reply to Unable to remove lever on Grohe basin mixer tap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock