Discuss Are you allowed to run a discharge pipe from a cylinder into a soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure you are as the company I work for does it on site, but we run high temperature pipe to it straight from the soil and have a hepVo trap (one of the dry traps) connected to the tundish.

yes thats what i thought. Ive been running them in on site for ages now. Straight out of the unvented cylinder using a hepvo valve, into inch and a quarter push fit and then connected to a soil pipe. An old guy at my firm says you are not allowed to do this though, he's adamant of it

yes but you should only be doing it if there is no possible route to outside. As mentioned it needs to run throught a hepvo valve as detailed in its instructions and i think in the building regs.
You did need to ask LBC permission to route to waste but i think thats changed now. You also need to be able to prove the waste system can take the high temps from such systems.

well its site work so there is always a route to outside with copper. Most of the houses i do now are 3 story and the cylinders are on the top floor and that would mean taking a copper pipe through each floor and core drilling a hole, thats fine but when the soil pipe is about 4 metres away its easier and at less cost to connect it into a soil pipe. Also a neater job, i just hope what i have been doing is right

ask your local building control or the nhbc inspector. Normally cost should not be a factor in the way the discharge is run tbh.

the waste pipework needs to be of a material (normally pushfit) type capable of a working temp of above 100 degrees i think, have a read of part g.

if its on the drawings as youve fitted it then your covered and i would not worry.

cheers, yeah it is push fit and the nhbc guy has passed every single house I've done and the site wins awards. obviously the old guy is talking rubbish.

thanks for the replies

I wouldn't point it out to the NHBC inspector as they are now done. Just incase he did decide to make you change them based on it can go outside. If your 3 floors up with a soil stack 4 meters away its going in there every time.
would save a lot of money on materials and labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are you allowed to run a discharge pipe from a cylinder into a soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock