Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa Power Shower sounds like vacuum cleaner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paralucent

Our 15-year-old Aquastream Aqualisa power shower has recently become really noisy, like a vacuum cleaner. Does this mean the pump is on its way out, or are there any other possible explanations?

I'd rather not replace it right now because my boiler will probably have to be replaced in the next few years and AIUI a thermostatic shower wouldn't be compatible with the latest combi boilers.

I already invited two plumbers to have a look at the shower but neither of them turned up!

Sounds like the pumps on its way out have changed a few not to bad to door hour tops

Spoke to another plumber on the phone - and he suggested a faulty valve could be to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqualisa Power Shower sounds like vacuum cleaner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I want to replace Aqualisa power shower to mixer shower to a std. mixer shower, however, the centres for the hot and cold are only 65mm. I’ve tried finding something that would be compatible but no joy. Ideal would be a mixer head with the same centres. Does anyone have any idea as to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would welcome any advice on the following. I have recently fitted an new en suite Mira select thermostatic shower which replaced the old one which was exactly the same model.The shower is fed from a Worcester Bosch combi boiler which was fitted eight months ago replacing an old combi...
Replies
Views
A
Hi we had a Thermostatic Aqualisa shower valve upstairs that was tank fed upstairs in our house and it had great water pressure. We recently had our shower completely redone and the valve the plumber put in doesn't seem to be very good and the water now has very low pressure. We know the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock