Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement shower valve reduced water pressure -need to replace again in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Alicia

Hi we had a Thermostatic Aqualisa shower valve upstairs that was tank fed upstairs in our house and it had great water pressure. We recently had our shower completely redone and the valve the plumber put in doesn't seem to be very good and the water now has very low pressure. We know the system is OK because the pressure used to be great and our mains pressure is great. Can anyone recommend a valve we could replace it with that wouldn't require redoing the tiles etc? E.g. an easy swap?! I can't find the exact valve he fitted on the web but it is similar to this one (Sagittarius Como Shower Valve | SH/269/C | Exposed | Chrome - https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/sagittarius-como-shower-valve-sh-269-c-1633574480) ... it is a manual exposed mixer value with 150mm pipe centers. I would also like to replace with thermostatic if possible - will this help with pressure? Thank you very much

Unfortunately no mixer these days is compatible with gravity system there too restrictive

Thanks - do you think we could see an improvement with a more expensive valve? The old aqualisa one we had was great but it was recessed. I'd really like to find an alternative exposed valve which would be an easy swap. Thank you

Sorry to say no shower pump is the only option the old one would of been suitable for gravity

Mira Coda is for low pressure if I remember correctly with 150mm centres. Put unsure if it'll go on your pipework as you'd need a fastfix kit.

Tbh as Shaun says you'd be better upgrading to a high pressure system or pump.

Unfortunately no mixer these days is compatible with gravity system there too restrictive
When you say that, are you also thinking of the Mira ones designed for low pressures, and when you say 'too restrictive' is that because people's expectations have also changed?

Reply to Replacement shower valve reduced water pressure -need to replace again in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock