Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Aqualisa digital shower course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

Last week I went on an Aqualisa digital shower course. I didn't know anything about digital showers but it was quite an enjoyable day. More marketing than anything and at the end of the day they offer you a fantastic deal on there showers.

There was a free lunch and the course was also free. I'd do anything for a free lunch.

The worst aspect of the course was the time you can (apparently) fit a digital shower, the propoganda says 2 hours! We all laughed at this but as the course leader/teacher/director said we can prove it.......

I'm sure it can be done in 2 hours in a room where all the pipes are accessable and nothing goes wrong and you don't need to drain the tank and there is power etc,

If anyone has got any views on digital showers I'd be pleased to read about it:)

why on earth would you want to install a digital shower? so you can change the pcb when it goes wrong?

what are we turning plumbing into? soon we are going to need a masters in computer physics. and now i wonder if that can be done in 3 months as well?

grrrrr.

shaun

Hello Shaun,

There I was trying to be positive about some new technology broaden my horizons only to upset an older (or maybe not so old) and wiser plumber.

However, I did ask for opinions on digital showers ;):)

squirrel your totally right in what you say, i am old 38. been plumbing for 21 years,
its good to be positive about all the new technology and stuff thats happening nowdays. i think eventually everything will be pcb voice controlled and pay you for using it!!
i know its the way forward, but it bugs me and i enjoy the occasional (almost regular) rant about it.

over to you. convince me of why i should install this shower in my house!!:)

good luck
shaun

:)carefully worded.
my missus has just asked me about the benefit of digital showers. her only query was "if its so good will it do nice things to me while i am in there"
told her it does not. she might have other things on her mind at the mo!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
As I about to type this I am already starting to laugh, one of the features that they have (your wife will be impressed with this) is that they can have a wireless remote.

Let me paint a picture for you, its 6.30am and your alarm goes off, you need a shower, your "ONLY" concern is you have to wait for the shower get to its nice comfortable temperature. With the Aqualisa digital you lean across and push your wireless remote and the temp is at the correct temp before you can get in.:D

Ok, on a serious note the unit can be fitted anywhere! under the bath, next to the coldwater tank basically at any angle, with the entry exit points going anywhere so top of the range is equal to 1.5 bar pump. Can be fused on an ordinary 3 pin plug at 3 amps. Although more expensive than an electric shower it provides a greater flow of water.

I will not comment on your age ever as I'm a little older:D

Having said that I'd not have a digital shower in my house I've got a 3 bar stuart turner and 2 mira showers. I'd have to have two digital showers. Bit expensive.

it's the kings clothes scenario yet again. I remember when Datsun brought out the Bluebird....5 speed fan why? what's wrong with 2 or 3 speed. It's a spec war(or pseudo added value war). Same here....remote control shower...why?

I've fitted a few and they are certainly nice and easy, especially the Quartz Exposed with the pipework running up the handset riser rail.

Only problem is they are a "sealed unit" and if anything goes wrong it's a whole new processor unit at £230 a go.

Mark

thats what i mean 230 quid for a new brain, i just cant see the logic behind it?

a new top end shower, complete 200 quid.

why install a clever shower, that costs more, with more risk of failure due to internal controls, that basically gives you the advantage of turning the thing on from your bedside so you can waste a little more water?

rant.rant.

shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqualisa digital shower course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock