Discuss Any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Chaps

This shower is playing up very hotm water only coming out - said i would try and identify the shower for the lady to see if sny parts available - have sent to shower doc but wondered if any of youo out there have any ideas - there are no names on the unit.

long shot I know

cheers Photo0284.jpg

Looks like a Trevi.If you remove the black cover on the left,there will be 2 'tap heads' behind a couple of brass and nylon cogs.The cold 1/4 turn tap is probably seized,and the cog is damaged.Hence,only hot water.

there is a label just showing on the left "GAIN" possibly a gainsborough?

it actually says "gang" sorry poor photo quality.

will try stripping it etc thanks

I wouldn't bother. Tell her to replace the valve. It's old, brittle circlips then having to go and buy new replacement clips if they break. Nightmare. You're gonna give yourself a headache. At least tell the client these issues may arise or they'll think it's your fault.

thanks Kimou - i have already told her its a long shot and the likelihood is a new shower but i will give a go with the custard fully aware

Looks like a Trevi.If you remove the black cover on the left,there will be 2 'tap heads' behind a couple of brass and nylon cogs.The cold 1/4 turn tap is probably seized,and the cog is damaged.Hence,only hot water.

indeed it is a trevi thanks - a trevi boost in fact

stripped it down and the 1/4 turn cold cartridge looks ok but it dont water through - if i operate the cold water cartridge no water comes through although it turns fine and it is not seized.

when you turn water off and back on again and open the cold side water runs for about a second and then shuts off so it must be a thermostat problem i would have thought?? have tried to take the the theromstat apart but it wont budge and i dint want to put too much pressure on it for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back