Discuss Any ideas what this is in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would explain why the white would be there, its mains water and its to dilute the solar water/ antifreeze down to an acceptable level so you can flush to mains drainage

I don't see a tee after the valve / befor the waste, unless the copper manifold type thing is a holding vessel connected to the solar circuit. Won't hold a thing though as there is no valve after the vessel, looks like it would be empty the majority of the time as its open and would just run into the waste. Turn white valve on to run mcw and there must be a valve in the top of the vessel to introduce/drain solar circuit

Last edited by a moderator:
yes they would be prob a butterfly valve / lever

Good call, I'll check with him tomorrow but sounds like a safe bet, thanks chaps

i think its a shower pre heat, as the hot water goes down the waste hole it goes through the copper pipe then into the stack, running all the way through the copper pipe is a form of heat exchanger that the cold main goes through which picks up the heat before it goes to the electric shower pre heating the cold and saving energy

If this is a mains cold water pipe connected directly to a soil stack there will be trouble!

But we need more information and better pictures as well.

check first page

Waste heat recovery unit supposed to take the heat out of bath or shower waste water and use it to preheat the incoming main

Absolute garbage them things , will never work , fitted one once and laughed all the way through the fit .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any ideas what this is in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi, a couple simple questions. 1. I have two pipes like seen on a attached photo in my back yard. One is for the waste from kitchen, the other one...
Replies
Views
Hi, guys! Hope you are all well. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply, and they seem to break quite often. I believe...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock