Discuss Another Bloody Idiot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this sorts itself out Kieran. Sounds like you have a very solid paper trail and that he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Really hate people like this. I currently have my first one too. Owes £2200 from a boiler install carried out as an emergency last week. I have his approval of the figures and to proceed but it's just hassle you can do without

The worst thing is getting a blow off answer and checking your bank knowing it ain't ever going to be their!!

I kind of want everything to be in writing from this point as I've lost all my trust in the man. Calls are no good if I have to pursue the money in court really.

I only have the address of the property he owns and is developing, not his home address. Will be enough to deliver court papers too though as he owns it.

Ash when they say "is that the best you can do?" to me, my reply is "oh go on then I'll do it for nothing and I'll give you a score out of me own pocket too"

When I get asked if I can do a better price I always say let me just check over my price, sit In the van for 5/10 minutes come back and say sorry I missed something and I've undercharge you, you actually owe me X amount more

"Is that the best price you can do?"

"Well, seeing as it's you... I'll need it in advance."

I only have the address of the property he owns and is developing, not his home address. Will be enough to deliver court papers too though as he owns it.

Try a free electoral role search, if you have the name & surname & location etc it will often find people's addresses!!

LOL never saw that one coming. He called me today and popped over to where i was working. He was very sheepish to be honest but paid in full. Asked me to do further work for him. Perhaps that's the result that Ray mentioned?

Probably, realised that your one of the decent guys and you stood your ground. Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another Bloody Idiot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Dear all, We were disconnected by our gas supplier. We have no managed to find the money to clear the bill. They have told us it will take 10...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock