Discuss Another Bloody Idiot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another person who was happy with the price and the work done until it comes to the time to actually pay. Snakes, i swear until i started plumbing i didn't realise how sly, sneaky and money grabbing people can be.

I have come across so many liars, it makes my blood boil, I don't know what it is but i can't believe how many people think they are entitled to something for nothing. Probably not the case with this customer but he is obviously looking for money off somewhere or something.

There is such a "i want, give me now but i'm not working for it culture" around at the moment i am rapidly starting to hate everyone.

I'm going off course here and could start on the dregs of society but I wont.

Nearly every customer I get asks for a discount "is that the best you can do?" One day i'm not even going to respond i'm just going to turn round and walk off.

Hope you get paid asap.

Good reply Croft
Stick to your guns and hopefully you'll get what you're owed.
There really are some arses around at the moment.

Nearly every customer I get asks for a discount "is that the best you can do?"

Just say "Nope, I can do a better price."

And promptly add 10%.

When the clown says "How is that a better price?" You tell him "It's better for me!"

Last edited by a moderator:
All this tho just goes to show how hard it is now tho from the original pricing to doing the job and hoping you get paid .

Well he has till Sunday to pay or let me know of any workmanship issues. If not then he gets the same treatment every other domestic late payer gets a week after the invoice date. 8% interest on the outstanding balance and a letter before action the following week.

He owns the property he is developing, so worst case, I have to take him to court then put a charge on the property. I have 2x staff members who were there on the day who would make grand witnesses if it got that far.

I will keep email contact civil with him but won't let up on our procedures. He's not come up with a single reason yet why he shouldn't pay and I'm not going to jump through hoops justifying prices he agreed to by instructing us.

I understand what you say Ray but this guy is just a grade A knob. Full of his own importance and expects everyone to run around after him.

If he doesn't pay I'll be back there to the meter box to take my meter tails back, or at least as much as I can recover of them without going into the house. No electricity should get him to pay up.

My only comment would be why tell him the CH wiring job is only a 5 minute job? Feel you are leaving the door open for him to come back at you about it.
I gave up playing the Donkey a long time ago mate as I never really got any real work from it.

Understand where you are coming from but it literally is a 5 minute job, I told him as much during the quote appt. Swap over the switched live feeds to 2x motorised valves in the wiring centre.

He got a fully itemised quote broken down into labour and materials for the work so he doesn't really have a leg to stand on re arguing about pricing now. The only concern I would have is if there is a workmanship issue but none have been mentioned.

2nd email sent after no reply from my first one yet. Trying to appear sickly nice in case it has to go to court which I have a feeling this one will be doing.

Hi ***,

Sorry to have to write again about this but again I'm trying my best to manage our business relationship and get this matter resolved as soon as possible. I haven't heard anything back from you yet regarding any issues re pricing or significant differences from the original quote you agreed to by instructing us. I'm assuming there are no workmanship issues either that have transpired since you shook my hand and invited me to quote you for other work prior to leaving your property on Monday? I've also itemised the differences between the original quote and the invoice (in terms of work carried out) to indicate that you actually had more labour done than the original quote was for, we try to be as flexible as possible with work of this nature.

I'm struggling to understand why we haven't been paid yet to be honest. I don't know if you have read our policy on late payment of invoices yet but to be clear, we do not offer any credit terms to our customers (with the exception of registered business customers whom we agree terms with before hand). As of tomorrow we will have no option but to begin charging interest on the outstanding amount, 8% above the Bank of England Base Rate, calculated daily and compounded. You would need to calculate this before paying any invoice due from tomorrow onwards. Clearly at this point any business relationship irretrievably breaks down, so if you are indeed wanting us to do further work for you I'm sure you will agree it's best for things not to get to this stage.

At all stages of our late payment process I will continue to inform you in advance to give you every opportunity to resolve the situation with us without further cost to yourself.

6 days on, I'm not aware of any issues as of yet regarding our work. I would have thought that any issues or concerns you had regarding the cost of the work or workmanship issues should have been raised whilst the two of us were on site on Monday?

Hoping we can simply be paid very promptly now and put this matter behind us!

Regards,

Have you tried giving him a call - ask him exactly when he'll be settling his bill
- Drive over to see the man

Have you tried giving him a call - ask him exactly when he'll be settling his bill
- Drive over to see the man

The worst thing is getting a blow off answer and checking your bank knowing it ain't ever going to be their!!

Another person who was happy with the price and the work done until it comes to the time to actually pay. Snakes, i swear until i started plumbing i didn't realise how sly, sneaky and money grabbing people can be.

I have come across so many liars, it makes my blood boil, I don't know what it is but i can't believe how many people think they are entitled to something for nothing. Probably not the case with this customer but he is obviously looking for money off somewhere or something.

There is such a "i want, give me now but i'm not working for it culture" around at the moment i am rapidly starting to hate everyone.

I'm going off course here and could start on the dregs of society but I wont.

Nearly every customer I get asks for a discount "is that the best you can do?" One day i'm not even going to respond i'm just going to turn round and walk off.

Hope you get paid asap.

Ash when they say "is that the best you can do?" to me, my reply is "oh go on then I'll do it for nothing and I'll give you a score out of me own pocket too"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another Bloody Idiot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Dear all, We were disconnected by our gas supplier. We have no managed to find the money to clear the bill. They have told us it will take 10...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Back