Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha cb28x cut out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Going to this prob tomorrow, guy says the heating is working fine but when he uses HW its runs for briefly then cuts out, if he resets it, it fires again for a bit before cutting out. Suspect it could be blocked dhw exchanger, is this common? The jobs far out of town, so was wondering if it would be worth taking any sensors/thermistors? Also noticed in MI's the cb 28x has no dhw sensor, just a flow regulator, Could that be a possible prob?

Appreciate any help

Ally

Last edited:
sounds like limescale,corrosion or divervter jamming,check flow reg for restriction/damage it is common for plate heats to block up if the systems dirty

thats a difficult one generally if flow pipe gets hot when running to dhw only diverter valve may be dumping down this can be caused by a blocked plate heat if thats the case then both parts will need renewing you can get the diverter from abkot poss plate heat as well,problem you have is getting i9t to run long enough to test this theory out

Thought that would be hard to test, i'll check it out tomorrow. Cheers mate

Problem sorted today, someone had serviced the boiler a few weeks ago. Seems they had knocked the hw flow switch off its seat, tested the switch and it was fine, put it back on properly and it fired up no probs. hw was only coming on for a bit because the heating was running at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha cb28x cut out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat, Honeywell DT90E room stat and Drayton LP522 controller. Boiler fires up reliably, but after it cuts out as soon as the DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Customer has a Ideal Isar HE35 when the boiler fires up for ether hot water or heating, there is knocking noise which seem to he coming from inside the flue manifold. Boiler fires up, knocking noises can be heard from some seconds, after this the boiler cuts out and water squirts out...
Replies
Views
Sandeep
S
Hi Guys, Jus had a quick question, had a customer call me saying there is no hot water or CH and boiler is flashing L8. Had a look at the MI troubleshooting page which said could be fan error, pcb error or wiring harness. Disconnected the fan connector and was not getting the nominal 330 V DC...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I usually get the shout from a family member who’s in the shower and found there’s no hot water. If I’m near the boiler when this happens, I can see the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock