Discuss advice needed on new pipework on boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am doing some work in newly bought house and the plumber had looked at the Valiant boiler and said it was very dangerous and needed piping inc few other bits of work but wanted to know how much that would cost as he quoted me £1600. he said the boiler is a good one and its fine just the pipework and other bit.

I am situated in London as i know London pricing can be different.

so currently the boiler is located in the kitchen and the kitchen is stripped down to bare bones as the new units have not been fitted yet.

Job
replace 15mm inlet gas pipe with 22mm pipe all the way to meter and earth the meter regulation standard
new flute which will be fully sealed (current one not sealed)
run a new gas feed from boiler to new hob (see diagram)
run new pipes for kitchen sink (see diagram)
redo whole piping under the boiler joining onto existing pipes located on left of boiler (check pictures)
this includes relocating the pipes to the bottom that go into the cloakroom toilet
redoing the two exit pipes outside
replace magaflow filter
powerflush (tank in loft disconnected now)
Gas mark safe certificate
replace sink and toilet in cloakroom toilet (which I have supplied)

he goes he charges £150 @ day and will take him 5 days to complete the work and the rest is materials.

so overall £1600 for the whole work.

is the above a good price or overpriced for the work needed?

any advice is appreciated.

20170821_205040.jpg

20170821_205047.jpg

View attachment 30684

View attachment 30685

View attachment 30686

layout.jpg

20170821_205057.jpg

Last edited:
How old is the boiler ?

Get more than one estimate and make sure all the work to be done is in copper.

Edit: Take a pic of the boiler, someone will have an idea what it is.

If it's 8 years old it's coming to the end of its life span realistically 10-12 years max

If he's charging £150 / day in London make absolutely sure he's qualified to work on gas, and qualified in his own name. Being qualified in his employer's name is not good enough unless you are paying his employer for the work. Have a look at Pimlico Plumbers price list for a comparison!

He must be gas safe registered to work on the flue and gas pipes.

It is a mess and for london rates its about the right price just check they are gas safe registered cheers kop.

also the gas looks like its on the right in 28mm ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice needed on new pipework on boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
What pipework changes are needed to replace a conventional open vented gravity boiler to a combi boiler ? Would toilet flush/cisterns need replacing ?
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock