Search the forum,

Discuss Need general advice regarding home C/H & H/W services. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore.
In view of the age of the boiler and boilermate I suspect both are coming to the end of their useful life. The boiler is serviced annually but is now very noisey when fired up. Also one of the radiators will not heat up, even after attention from two gas registered plumbers.
What would be your advice regarding renewal of the central heating/ hot water system please. In particular, should the boilermate be replaced as well as the boiler or would it be better remove the boilermate and have a combi boiler installed ? What about the microbore C/H pipework - will this cope with a combi boiler?
General advice with reasons would be appreciated.

Reply to Need general advice regarding home C/H & H/W services. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock