Discuss Advice needed. Issues with underfloor heating and hot water system for new build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A low loss header would of been good for that set up
But to be honest I would be thinking the plumber made a hash of that as pipework is undersized
Another good job ruined by cutting corners imho

A low loss header would of been good for that set up
But to be honest I would be thinking the plumber made a hash of that as pipework is undersized
Another good job ruined by cutting corners imho

Boiler is a 1/3 of the size it should be ? 604m2 @0.150kw/m2 = 90kw just for the floors! 90kw ain't ever fitting down 28mm unless it's running at 140m/s

let me try and answer some of the questions, btw the plumber is here at the moment!
Heat loss calcs indicate heating requirement is 27 kW, done prior to boiler selection due to level of insulation, airtightness and mechanical ventilation and heat recovery systems in place.

pipes disappearing down off the picture are flow and return to the basement manifold which sits about 6 feet away

pipework is 28mm most of the way round the house to the manifolds, changing to 22 on the top floor

Flow through hot water cylinder not working even if only one manifold is running, ie extremely low heating load.

The screed on the for is the anhydrite liquid screed, which transfers heat a lot quicker than normal and is only 50 mm thick

the T referred to behind the pump? There is no t behind the pump, the one to the right is flow out, one on the left is just an elbow leading to a T to the cylinder, followed by a T to the basement manifold

Are my eyes deceiving me? I can definitely see two pipes coming down from the boiler, both with tees?
these go off before the pump.

Without checking for none return valves etc I'd say your problem could be caused by the tee before the pump, unless there's a none-return valve down stream and another pump?

Already mentioned previously, by-the-way !

Pic1.jpg The circled bit... :)

Ok I see, the two Ts one on flow and one on return leads to manual dead ends that are used to drain system, just a bit beyond the picture, and below that is the system filling loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed. Issues with underfloor heating and hot water system for new build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I have a gas boiler in my apartment that heats a net area of 300 m2 with an underfloor heating system. The boiler has a capacity of 45 kW...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock