Discuss AAV stink - replacement advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobberdiddly

Can anyone offer advice: Our flat is fourth floor and the building's soil stack has an AAV in our bathroom (damn the architects or original builders! for not venting out of the roof). We have ongoing problems with leaking smell/moisture from stack and the AAV is probably at fault - I can feel moisture around the seal and the valve makes a loud clicking every time we flush toilet or empty sink (it clicks when our neighbours underneath use their bathroom plumbing too). I assume it would be wise to replace the AAV with a new one.
Can anyone help with the choice of AAV? I have seen one on McAlpine's website from Ventapipe (the VP100). Would this be the thing? Would a solvent weld version be better?
Any opinions will be gratefully received.
Jim

Speak to the landlord as it is a shared soil pipe/vent then I think he charges a service fee to all tenants /leaseholders for the property and maybe up to him/her to sort out ....if no joy get environmental health involved ....best of luck regards Turnpin;)

If its a push in type then no harm in changing it. I'd advise you to keep the other one incase your landlord gets funny.

Thanks for the replies fellas. No landlord in this case because we're home owners. All the flats below own their flats too. There is a management company but as the valve is inside our apartment - it's our problem. The pipework below ground underneath the ground floor flat is the housing associations concern but not the pipework within the properties (all plumbing and pipe runs are internal in this building).
I gather that these valves can fail and this one has been in situ for 13 years. A new valve would seem like a good idea. Any tips on a brand and a suitable model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to AAV stink - replacement advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone,, I'm a keen DIYer and need some advice on AAV or durgo valve,, we're renovating our house and plan to put a bathroom on the other...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, we just moved to a new build. There is a dreadful 'sewer' smell in the house. No outside soil stack. AAV is sited behind bath panel in family...
Replies
Views
Josh89
J
Hi, Need some advice about a soil pipe in 1966ish built ex-mod property. We have suspected but not be able to prove that since some heavy...
Replies
Views
A
Hi we had a Thermostatic Aqualisa shower valve upstairs that was tank fed upstairs in our house and it had great water pressure. We recently had...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock