Discuss A friend has asked how much for the following work to be done, any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine called earlier, knowing that I am starting out in the plumbing world. He said his mum needs some work to be done and asked what sort of price she can expect to pay/be quoted. I know from reading other 'pricing' threads on here that it's hard to give an accurate price without actually seeing the job but if I give as much info as I can hopefully someone can give me a rough price.

Ok she wants a new boiler, she presently has a ferroli ff77 combi, she wants it swapped over in the same place so minimal pipe chopping and moving. She wants new valves on the radiators (approx 10 rads) and she wants the system flushed. That's what I have been told she wants doing, I'll go back to my friend after I get replies to see what he says.

He said she has to bash the front of the boiler to get it going if it shuts down or wont start, so I said well if it does actually work she might be better off having it repaired rather than replaced but he said it's old anyway so will probably get it replaced.

Can anyone advise to what they would expect to charge for this sort of job. The job is just outside Camarthen in Wales. I wouldn't usually bother with this sort of post as I'm sure they are pretty annoying but he's my oldest friend so said I'd come on the forum and do my best to get a rough idea.

Any help appreciated and if any more info is required I'll get it, thanks! :)

I'll send me dad round to give you a quote to do the works. He lives not far from Carmarthen (he actually lives there just a short drive out of town)

Hi, it's actually Ammanford, is that too far? I'd have to find out timings to go round from my mate and let you know. Do you have a ball park figure in mind? Can PM me if prefer, thanks.

I'd be looking at £600 labour plus materials with 10-20% added onto the materials assuming that the gas run is okay and the flue position is suitable.

I'd be looking at £600 labour plus materials with 10-20% added onto the materials assuming that the gas run is okay and the flue position is suitable.
That's roughly what I would charge to. The second biggest headache is the condensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A friend has asked how much for the following work to be done, any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock