Discuss 45 and want to retrain as a plumber!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
im a driving instructor by trade

How many days/weeks does that "trade" take to learn. I might give it a go myself.
Whats the money like these days? Must be ok as you are all running around in new cars.

To be honest I always fancied a go at teaching driving except I'd only have any patience with the pretty young things.

Especially the ones wearing short skirts........

watch out all you scotsmen out there!

thanks for the advice Ray!
that makes alot sense, i didnt want to sign up for a course withut all the facts before, im struggling with my instructing, and i thought plumbing isnt that hard a job to do, but i will think long and hard aout what you have said.. thanks

Cracks me up that comment, never fails.

You've no experience in plumbing so what's your basis for that comment?

yep plumbers sit around all day looking out of windows!! youve had the experience you need.

from start to finish about a year or so!! you can charge £20-£25 an hour depends on your area!! dont wrk for a big firm like BSM or AA the franchise fee will kill ya

what i meant to say is, ive always found repairing things at home easy, im very mechanically minded, i didnt mean to imply your trade was easy

what i meant to say is, ive always found repairing things at home easy, im very mechanically minded, i didnt mean to imply your trade was easy

No offense taken but, not wishing to burst your bubble, there are guy's out there with years of experience and training who are struggling. As Ray said, some do start at your age and make it, Far more don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
from start to finish about a year or so!! you can charge £20-£25 an hour depends on your area!! dont wrk for a big firm like BSM or AA the franchise fee will kill ya
You've been reading the hype from the Training Course Operators. Unless you have SOME experience in the building trade, you don't stand a chance of being able to become a plumber. It's VERY hard work with very long hours and for your first 2 years after you've qualified, you won't make a penny in profit.

Hope I've shattered your illusions of plumbing being an easy high paid job. Stick to what you do know and do best which is driving, the grass isn't greener on the other side! Why not find another job using your advanced driving skills instead? You'll be better prepared for it, won't have to spend thousands on a daft course offering false claims of Utopia and you'll make money from the outset instead of 2 to 3 years down the line.

thanks for the advice, people on this forum definitely know what their talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 45 and want to retrain as a plumber!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock