Discuss 3/4" rad tail extensions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Do these exist?
Searched online but can only find 1/2".
Got a pinholed rad to replace on open system and dont really want to drain down if I can help it.
Existing rad 1250, new rad would be 1200 plus 50mm tail extension.
Existing valves are 3/4" unfortunately.
I will prob end up freezing pipes tbh.

Just use 3/4 bsp female to 1/2 inch compression adapter then with a short length of chrome pipe and a chrome coupling you might be able to bridge the gap without an extended tail.

Yes they do exist, ask at your local merchant , r why not plug vent and cold feed if you cant get one

unless new rad has 3/4" tapings you are wasting your time best to reduce pipework below rad valve and fit new lock shield
vale and new TRV

I wouldnt be paying that price either, much cheaper at my merchant bout £2 each if that

Get a 1/2" barrel nipple, screw in to rad, add a 1/2x3/4 bush then a 3/4 socket, then the valve tail.

You've got me thinking now. I wanted a fitting to come off a 3/4" rad valve to extend 50mm into a new rad.
the adaptor i posted will work with a standard 3/4 nut just slip it over the fitting,but as e4 gas said they can leak in the future so i would be buying chrome 1/2 barrels and making a standard 3/4 tail into them

yge4a7up.jpg

Why not try this?

yge4a7up.jpg

Why not try this?

If I hate anything in Central Heating systems, it is this intelligent installers who insist on fitting isolation ball-o-fix valves to radiator circuits?
If you ask them, they will tell you it ensures easy isolation, drain down and removal of individual radiators. fffftttttt All they do is attract and collect any sludge that goes past them

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll prob drain and re-pipe after properly sizing for a new rad like a true professional and do a lovely neat job. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3/4" rad tail extensions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock