Discuss 1st round! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

Hi guys is this the plumbers arms :D

Need some feed back from you lot, good and bad, but please lets be gents about it ok.

Right next month I am coming up to my first 12 months of being or trying to be a plumber. What I am thinking is to contact all my customers over the last year with a short questionaire. This is for me to find out even though I hope I know all ready as to whether I was up to scratch.

You know the thing, good time keeping, price value for money, would you reccomend and use again, any problems.

By the customer completing the short questionaire there names would be put into a drum and the customers questionaire picked out would recieve a cheque to the nominated registered charity of £100 :)

What do you think or am I likely to be kicked out of the pub?

Hi guys is this the plumbers arms :D

Need some feed back from you lot, good and bad, but please lets be gents about it ok.

Right next month I am coming up to my first 12 months of being or trying to be a plumber. What I am thinking is to contact all my customers over the last year with a short questionaire. This is for me to find out even though I hope I know all ready as to whether I was up to scratch.

You know the thing, good time keeping, price value for money, would you reccomend and use again, any problems.

By the customer completing the short questionaire there names would be put into a drum and the customers questionaire picked out would recieve a cheque to the nominated registered charity of £100 :)

What do you think or am I likely to be kicked out of the pub?
If you've done a good job you will get referrals,I offer a free service at 12 months for every boiler I fit.I also call into older customers when I'm near them and ask if they need anything,this has in the past included putting christmas decorations in the loft,but it all helps with repeat work.IMHO save your money and do a free job perhaps?it'll do you good in the long term.

Winston, first of all,congraulations on your first year trading as a plumber, not so easy as everyone outside the trade thinks yeh :D

The only person who can improve your service is you and to do that you have to be self critical, so that you can provide the service you want, the only person you should ask is yourself and give yourself a truthful answer, take on board any constructive criticism you received along the way, disregard the rest

Remember that customer you went out your way for, drove all around for best part of a morning so they had w/c working for weekend guests, you only charged them a couple of hours to do the job as thought fair,they still complained about bill, would have if you had charged them 50p
We have all done it, what is the point of their questionnaire

That morning you got up 1 hr early so you could get across town first thing in the morning before the customer went to work you said you would be there a 8 am due to traffic got there at 8.10am, no place to park because parking restrictions till 9 am although customer said no problem parking, got to door at 8.27 am, if looks could kill, you did your best but what questionnaire are they going to fill in

Ps. I would have a hard time giving my faverate, bestest customer £100, it’s to hard to get out of them in the first place
Maybe a £6 bottel of wine

Anyway heres to you and your first year and a many more,like to tell you they get easier but,hey......thats plumbing :D

It wasnt about giving my favourite customer, it was to find out what I did well. i was also hoping that I could use some of the positive feedback for my website I am setting up. And I thought providing the customers complete the questionaire that a good cause ie a registered charity of there choice would benefit from a £100 :)

Think you are missing my point Winston :(

Ps give me a tenner and I will write you a great positive feed back quote for your web site,it will be so good that it will bring tears to your mums eye's ,she will be so proud :p at bit like what my mum is of me...yeh :D

Oh Puddle you have bought a smile to my face :) as I have my mum here tonight as she decided to go and headbutt a kerb today :mad:.

I thought my idea was a gooden :D

Hey, Winston, I try to put a smile on people’s faces, especially as this trade can be so stressfully :(
How ever I am good at putting my foot in it also, best regards to your mum, hope she is Ok and heals up soon :)

Your idea in theory is a gooden but I know customers and if half of them can complain given half a chance they will and you will look back on the job and think,what,I did well there.but that’s the way it is

Take care of your mum…..not that you need me to say that I am sure:)

Cheers puddle I will take care of her you only get one, bless her was in the house 10 minutes max and buggered about with the tv says its not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1st round! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock