Discuss 15mm gas supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

what heat only boilers are available in 15mm supply?

total length from meter is only 6m inc bends but the route outside is a mare passing electric cab, walls gates and downpipes..and existing behind all the cabinets:thinking:

easier if 15mm supply boiler is available then its a plug in job to suit their budget..

any ideas?:dizzy2:

baxi solo, viessmann vit 100-w need more?

Worcester 12 & 15 Ri allow 15mm supply but it has to be within a few meters & meet all the regs obviously ;)

The boiler itself still has a 22 inlet so upsize where you can...

This is the Worcester blurb...

image.jpg

the boilers nut size dont really matter you can reduce, increase as needed.

think more what i am asking is the input rate,
ie is there any boilers that require lower input rate for 15kw (15mb) that only require 15mm pipe run for heat only!

at least i know what i mean, think its the lack of variants of installs and cant be arsed to read up lol, as normally just upgrade 22mm pipe to meter as norm then gas rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
think more what i am asking is the input rate,
ie is there any boilers that require lower input rate for 15kw (15mb) that only require 15mm pipe run for heat only!

at least i know what i mean, lol

mine only needs 15mm

Without sounding like a tw@t work out what boiler output is needed then get the m3 p/h and do a pressure loss calc. Anything else is guessing.

Without sounding like a tw@t work out what boiler output is needed then get the m3 p/h and do a pressure loss calc. Anything else is guessing.

like i said 15kw h/o required 1.53m3h.
how can you do the loss if you cant see or access the pipe work behind kitchen cabs and boiler dosnt work?

might just stick price in for pipe upgrade.....if needed!.

Last edited by a moderator:
like i said 15kw h/o required 1.53m3h.
how can you do the loss if you cant see or access the pipe work behind kitchen cabs and boiler dosnt work?

might just stick price in for pipe upgrade.....if needed!.

You new route with 6m ( inc fittings) is bang on 15mm copper.
Why not say you will fit the new boiler, test it and if it's below, gas will need repipe at extra cost?

You new route with 6m ( inc fittings) is bang on 15mm copper.
Why not say you will fit the new boiler, test it and if it's below, gas will need repipe at extra cost?

yep, just writing that in quote now...

i heard that the gas police have pulled a few using 15mm pipe runs although boilers are not under pressured. to do with further upgrades.
dont want to bait em!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm gas supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
Hi All, I need your advise as I'm really concerned here. I only just had regular boiler replaced with combi (Vaillant ecoFIT Pure 25kw). I had few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run...
Replies
Views
So we are looking at a new vaillant ecofit pure 418 regular boiler but have a question about the gas pipe size requirements.. At the gas meter...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer...
Replies
Views
Back