Discuss 15m copper tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leslie50

Need to cut down 15m copper tails, it is a mono tap for a small corner basin, and the tails are too long, as the copper is soft and flexible is it best to use a small hacksaw rather then a pipe cutter.Regards

pipe slices are fine just watch you don't damage the threads that go into the tap, or if you can remove it from tap then cut and put it back in

Manufacturers usually advise not to cut tails although I have with a pipe slice in the past, alternative is to replace with flexi's.

some have rolled ends for strength cutting them will cause the tails to collapse id use flexis

If you need to cut them use a junior hacksaw but best to use flexi's

its also best not to use compression fittings onto the tails, the soft copper can cause problems with olive bite. as others have said flexi's would be best.

I never thought I'd hear a bunch of professional plumbobs recommend flexi's!Whatever happened to real plumbing?And where can I get lead pipe?

I never thought I'd hear a bunch of professional plumbobs recommend flexi's!Whatever happened to real plumbing?And where can I get lead pipe?

Well as most top end taps now come with flexi tails don't see a problem

I had no idea you might not be adsvised to cut or compress onto mono tails. I've done both a hundred times. No probs yet but maybe they're all about to go..............................NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15m copper tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock