Discuss 15m copper tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leslie50

Need to cut down 15m copper tails, it is a mono tap for a small corner basin, and the tails are too long, as the copper is soft and flexible is it best to use a small hacksaw rather then a pipe cutter.Regards

pipe slices are fine just watch you don't damage the threads that go into the tap, or if you can remove it from tap then cut and put it back in

Manufacturers usually advise not to cut tails although I have with a pipe slice in the past, alternative is to replace with flexi's.

some have rolled ends for strength cutting them will cause the tails to collapse id use flexis

If you need to cut them use a junior hacksaw but best to use flexi's

its also best not to use compression fittings onto the tails, the soft copper can cause problems with olive bite. as others have said flexi's would be best.

I never thought I'd hear a bunch of professional plumbobs recommend flexi's!Whatever happened to real plumbing?And where can I get lead pipe?

I never thought I'd hear a bunch of professional plumbobs recommend flexi's!Whatever happened to real plumbing?And where can I get lead pipe?

Well as most top end taps now come with flexi tails don't see a problem

I had no idea you might not be adsvised to cut or compress onto mono tails. I've done both a hundred times. No probs yet but maybe they're all about to go..............................NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15m copper tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock