Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from where tail screws into tap. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The flexible tail in question had been screwed in so tightly that the braiding was damaged in several places. A real struggle to get the old tails out, but finally succeeded. But with the new tails screwed in max hand tightness, there is now a slight leak at the tap / tail junction. I have cleaned the surfaces of the junctions and the threads to no avail. The rubber washers on the tail look fine. I have tried two sets of tails. I am very wary of stripping the threads. I suspect that there is a problem with where the tail screws in hence the previous person really screwing in the tail so much that he damaged the braiding. What would others do? Thanks for advice. Best wishes.

Last edited:
You could try a couple of wraps of ptfe or loctite 577 or change the tap

Reply to Leak from where tail screws into tap. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock