Search the forum,

Discuss worcestor heatslave oil combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

now i dont normally work on oil boilers but this one is for a mate of mine - its in his games room, its been off for 18 months - when i turn it on it trips the main trip switch for house out. now im thinking it could be the pump - any other things to check for ? or any suggestions?

Process of elimination. Unplug burner and try to switch on, if it works it's most likely the transformer on the burner. If it still blows the electric unplug pump from pcb and then retry electric. Keep going unplugging / plugging until you find the fault.
Have fun and good luck.

also check the motorized valve is not leaking into the motor,pump is favorite but as said unplug individual parts until you track it down

I'd also ask about any electrical work that's been done in the previous couple of years. Is the boiler powered from the socket circuit? Ideally the whole central heating system should be on it's own pcb/fuse. The boiler should have a 5amp fuse so if a 13amp is fitted perhaps this is what's causing the complete consumer unit to trip.

I'd also ask about any electrical work that's been done in the previous couple of years. Is the boiler powered from the socket circuit? Ideally the whole central heating system should be on it's own pcb/fuse. The boiler should have a 5amp fuse so if a 13amp is fitted perhaps this is what's causing the complete consumer unit to trip.

a point worth noting also is polarity reversed?

Usually the house fuse is tripped by something going to earth so you should be looking for something shorting out. Typical things on these apart from what has already been said is water in the control panel it can either come from the flow switch which leaks and tracks up the wire insulation and then shorts out on the PCB or possibly the aav spraying onto something in the control panel. One other check the solenoid. You may also find the fuse on the PCB has gone.

Check in the fan blades as could be a dead mouse in there blocking it!!!
And I am serious lol

ok will try the unplugging sequence, the flow switch needed replacing as it was leaking so this could of traced onto the board? my guess is the pump but also will check what size fuse is in the fused spur. Have these boilers got a fan, like i said i work on gas boilers all the time and this is a slightly different set up and cant rememeber seeing a fan ? if so i will check for a mouse also haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcestor heatslave oil combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock