Discuss Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior boiler - won't switch on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee Chamberlain

Hi

I accidentally hit the on/off button on my boiler. Now it won't switch back on.

I press the "on" button, it seems to fire up, but then stops the moment I take my finger off the button (or sometimes it cuts out if I keep pressing).

Is there a specific sequence I need to follow to start it up again? I have dail turned up to max, but still no difference.

Thanks
Lee

Leave it switched on and let it do it's own thing. The boiler runs start up procedures when the power is switched off.

Put the heating on and about 20 mins later it will be back to normal.

It's a common fault unfortunately and will need parts so you'll need to get a pro in as it involves removing parts you shouldn't be doing unless qualified to do so!

Leave it switched on and let it do it's own thing. The boiler runs start up procedures when the power is switched off.

Put the heating on and about 20 mins later it will be back to normal.

Unfortunately it doesn't switch on unless I'm holding the button in

It's a common fault unfortunately and will need parts so you'll need to get a pro in as it involves removing parts you shouldn't be doing unless qualified to do so!

Could it be caused by anything else? IE the pressure had run very low, and although I've corrected this, it's still a problem?

The only things you can check as a home owner is that pressyres around 1-1.5bar, the power is switched on to boiler and the fuse in the switch is ok, if you still dont have power at the boiler then im afraid you need reinforcements so if your at that stage call in a trustworthy gassafe wizard and he should get you up n running lee,, im sorry we cant be of more assistance but dont keep pushing the button as you may break that aswell , good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior boiler - won't switch on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back