Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester boiler needs refilling daily in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proelitegas

Hi just got a customer complaining he is having to fill his boiler
Daily.When central heating is on pressure rise as normal on
Gauge but when heating is off pressure falls and discharge via blow
Off..I'm thinking expansion vessel needs recharging any other thoughts
Would be appreciated..thanx

absolutely worth checking the EV but to me it sounds more like the PRV is letting by as it's happening during the off, ergo cold, period

Any tips on checking the operation of the prv ???

not really a way of checking the operation as such, they're usually set at around 3 - 3 1/2 bar so if it went then the system for whatever reason got fairly high on pressure. The trouble is once they go very often they don't re-seat properly, there may be a bit of grit on the seating or the washer may have perished. Some can be dismantled and cleaned but most techs don't bother they just re-new.

proelitegas .. filling daily with no wet carpets or saggin ceilings usually means exp vessel lost charge and 9/10 prv taken out! As for checking prv I wouldn't recommend it ... In my experience once they've been pasing they rarely sit sealed again! :)

Thanx everyone will check e v and if need be recharge see how
That goes...Thanx again

proelitegas .. filling daily with no wet carpets or saggin ceilings usually means exp vessel lost charge and 9/10 prv taken out! As for checking prv I wouldn't recommend it ... In my experience once they've been pasing they rarely sit sealed again! :)

agree +1

Plus plus 2

I had an ecotec last week that had blown it's internal rubber flow pipe (the merchants told me that they're selling at least 3 adjustable hard pipe replacements every week, apparently it's a design fault) anyway, the over-pressure on this particular boiler was caused by a faulty internal filling loop, in this case there was nothing wrong with the prv or ev, not saying that this is your problem but it maybe worth a quick check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester boiler needs refilling daily in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least three times a day. Trying to eliminate what the cause could be. Appreciate that it could be a leak somewhere, but looking to tackle one issue at a...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock