Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless room for 24i Junior (old, non-greenstar version)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gbar

Hi,

I have one of these, which is older than the greenstar version. I believe it is called the RSF.

I wanted to buy either of these two, but some posts I've seen elsewhere suggest that they may only work with the newer greenstar, not my RSF:

Any advice appreciated,

thank you,

gbar

Sorry, couldn't post links to the thermostats. The names and model numbers are:

[h=1]Honeywell CMT927 Wireless 7 Day Programmable Room Thermostat - CMT927A1049

Salus Worcester Plug In Programmable Room Thermostat ST620WBC -
[/h]

Hi,

I have one of these, which is older than the greenstar version. I believe it is called the RSF.

I wanted to buy either of these two, but some posts I've seen elsewhere suggest that they may only work with the newer greenstar, not my RSF:
Which two is that?

You can use either, but I don't know if the Salus will fit the space provided on the boiler.

The Honeywell is by far the better product.

You can use either, but I don't know if the Salus will fit the space provided on the boiler.

The Honeywell is by far the better product.

Hi,

thank you for your response. Worcester have replied to me (I emailed them the same question I asked here) and they have said 'your I Junior boiler will be able to accept any external controls from third party suppliers such as Honeywell, Siemens, Salus as long as the control provides a 230V switch live back to the boiler'.

I'm confused now, because the honeywell is described as having volt free connections - is this the opposite of something which 'provides a 230V switch live back to the boiler'?

Thanks again,

gbar

Hi,

thanks again for your help.

worcester have replied to me that a wireless thermostat will work "..as long as the control provides a 230V switch live back to the boiler."

The two I have looked at are specified as being volt free - does this mean that it does not fit the description above, or have I misunderstood the terms?

Thanks again

the honeywell will work fine . get a sparky in if your unsure about electrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless room for 24i Junior (old, non-greenstar version)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
I've got an older toilet with a huge flush capacity so I'm trying to keep it rather than replacing it with a newer lower capacity toilet. Problem is it's as old as the hills and the oval shaped rubber gasket between the tank and base has aged and water now leaks at that connection point when...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Ahead of some renovation work, we had a 50 year old old floor standing boiler in the utility room removed and a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri wall mounted in the garage. Aside from being old, the original boiler worked perfectly. A full...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am not in UK and the rising fuel and gas prices are forcing me to change my boiler to an efficient one. Right now I have an old non condensing boiler which is way oversized and consumes 1.75m3/hr so I am looking at an efficient gas boiler to support attached load. I plan to buy it from UK...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock