Discuss will one way valve cause pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running a new supply to two outside taps but rather than having bib taps with non return valves, I got them without and plan to fit an inline NRV in the utility room where the cold water supply is to be intercepted. One tap is about 4 metres from the valve, the other is down the garden about 25 metres or so.
Both taps fed from 25mm bore MDPE pipe. I have got 6 bar mains pressure. Will the one way valve affect the further tap greatly or should I swap to normal NRV bib taps? Thanks

NRV bib taps don't comply with the water regs so you can't use them. With 6 bar it won't make a lot of difference anyway.

Mike

someone said in an earlier post though that NRVs need to be inside to protect them from freezing. Is this not the case then?

Hmm!

Double check valves are required for hose union taps. The thing is the regs do say that on new installations check valves should be inside and frost protected.

The thing is if I read you right, your proposing to make one branch connection in the 25mm MDPE main fit the NRV and then run the pipe outside supplying the first tap then on to the second tap?

There is a problem in that the first tap or second tap would not be protected from one another. So supposing back syphoning did occur the substance sucked up from say the far tap could fill the pipe and come out of the near tap.

Admittedly it would not get into the mains water supply because that would be protected by the double check valve.

But it may provide a health risk in other ways. So the official way to find out if you can do it the way you want too, is to ask your water provider.

I would have split the supply inside and put a double check valve on each tap supply myself, stops any hassle that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to will one way valve cause pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock