Search the forum,

Discuss Why wont my heating come on unless its above 25 degrees? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cold or roastin

Help, can someone tell me how to set the central heating to a lower more comfortable temperateure?
its a tiny 1 bedroom flat with 5 radiators and heats up quickly n soon gets too hot so i need to get up n turn it off again until next thing i know its freezing again.

the knob i turn to turn it on says sunvic tlx on the front and doesnt click on until it gets round to 25

If it doesn't click on till its round at 25 degrees then that's the temperature of the room, surely you wouldn't want it any warmer than that ?

No thats not the case, it could be -10 in here n thats just where it comes on, if the flat was 25 i wouldnt be freezing with it off.

its on the wall in the hall next to the buzzer, not a warm area

Wall stat must be faulty if it is very cold where stat is & heating not turning on.

some one has been playing with stat and is been incorrectly put back on ! need to be adjusted

No its defo not going by temperature, its just as if the 25 is an on off switch

Does sound like thermally sensitive bit in stat is now dead , so its an On-Off switch !

(But a badly sited thermostat in a drafty hall way can cause similar effects when old draft excluder strips get yanked off / poorly glazed windows )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why wont my heating come on unless its above 25 degrees? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I am just trying to get some idea as had a couple of plumbers round but still getting same issue . Basically moved house recently and i just cant get figure the central heating system out .So.... Its had a new Worcester bosch boiler about 2 years ago so all good on that front and...
Replies
Views
New Boiler - Viesmann Vitedans 100-W 35kw Boiler Problem - Central Heating not working Central Heating is controlled by HIVE. Boiler was installed couple of months back. New radiators were installed as well. We never swiched on central heating until yesterday night. In the last 24 hours I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock