Discuss Whistling radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chiwolf

Any ideas as to why we are experiencing whistling radiators?

The lockshield is causing it or the trv as the rad is closing off.

Sounds like you could do with an automatic bypass being fitted. This should help

Thanks for that Simon, the boiler (Vaillant thermoCompact) spec indicates auto bypass valve already fitted, shouldn't this take care of things?

TVR's fitted Honeywell vt200 throughout, but whistling only from 2 of the rads.

Thanks again for your response.

there is always some noise as trvs shut down you could try reversing the valves see it it makes any difference
the auto by pass on the boiler is adjustable

Thanks again, think I'll leave it now until summer gets here and probably do as you suggest placing TRV on return side of rad.

Was it like "A Fistful of Dollars" type of whistle?

No just a constant, I have to get really close to hear it but my wife can hear from across the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whistling radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Why is my hot water tank making some sort of irritating whistling noise after I take a shower?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, my boiler seems to be making a whistling sound after a while its on, if I tap it firmly it goes away, is this something to do with...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock