Discuss Where does the time go! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Celebrating my eldest's 2nd birthday today.

been up since the break of dawn getting ready for everyone coming over whilst stealing a few precious moments with him myself.

got the first BBQ of the year in the bag and had an amazing day watching Thomas play with all his friends. Truly one of the simplest pleasures in life watching him interact and run around like a loon whilst reflecting back on everything from the moment I found out the wife was pregnant, the day he joined us, his first words, first steps and first drawing on the kitchen wall to his first father son outing to the cafe.

but also the little bit of me that cuts inside when I think how much I've missed and how much I'm going to miss over the coming years after all we can't be there all the time, bills need to be payed and the house needs to be kept!

have to say the wife is doing a first rate job with those boys!

Where does the time go though. Within that 2 years I've purchased our first home and renovated it. Got married toa wonderful women (although I'll never admit it to her) set up shop on my own, said a very sad and sudden good bye to my dad and welcomed Christopher (our second family addition) into the world.

i think this year I'll try to have a quiet one lol

all I know is this..... If I achieve nothing else in this life and had to exit it tomorrow Id go a happy man whilst I know both the kids are young they by far will always be my greatest achievements. And I'm 100% sure they will turn out to be everything I would want and more. I look forward to being left in ore of what they are both yet to do and succeed in.

so that people is my thought for the day

Make the most, they grow up quick.

My youngest (19) is down in sheffield for the weekend on the lash.

My son's 25, my daughter's 21 and my step daughter is 18.

By christ the years go quick! Try not to let them grow up too fast, and try to spend as much time with them as you can.

Scary . I still think I'm 16.... I'm 20st tho! It's crazy. U don't remember not having kids even if only a few years old. Well when their in bed and away for the night have a brewski on me!

Scary . I still think I'm 16.... I'm 20st tho! It's crazy. U don't remember not having kids even if only a few years old. Well when their in bed and away for the night have a brewski on me!

Hopefully not a huge brewski......... Someone told me how much he has left on his tab!

Ermintrude said:
My credit limits been lowered! Bad payer. Max on tab is £3.75

Awesome. You sound well and truly content feller. At piece with what life has given you. I am 35 and have been married 5yrs. My wife is 28 and always yapping on about kids. Every night she has me watching one born every minute (painful I tell ya). She really wishes to be pregnant this yr. We are not trying, but she is planning it. I am in trepidation as I have only been self employed for just over 2yrs and am not earning enough I believe to provide. But, I am truly excited for the day that I am

Mutley, you will never have enough money when you have kids, I have been self employed for three years now and I have had two daughters in that time. I now have four girls under the age of 7 and money goes v quick

Mutley, you will never have enough money when you have kids, I have been self employed for three years now and I have had two daughters in that time. I now have four girls under the age of 7 and money goes v quick

This is what everyone keeps telling me. But when your wife is the main bread earner at the moment and she goes on maternity, I have to earn enough to pay mortgage, bills and all. So jist for that it's 30k.

4 girls. That is awesome. Well done feller. You truly have been blessed

Awesome. You sound well and truly content feller. At piece with what life has given you. I am 35 and have been married 5yrs. My wife is 28 and always yapping on about kids. Every night she has me watching one born every minute (painful I tell ya). She really wishes to be pregnant this yr. We are not trying, but she is planning it. I am in trepidation as I have only been self employed for just over 2yrs and am not earning enough I believe to provide. But, I am truly excited for the day that I am

I used to say that we couldn't afford kids. There is never a right time or wrong time . I'm earning less than I was 10 years ago but my life is much ritcher. Get off forum and get on with it!

I am the only bread winner in the house, it just takes v meticulous money management especially when your se

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where does the time go! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock